Packed for your ski bunny weekend?
Steps to keeping your office organized so you stay on track
- Keep a notebook on your desk - Write ideas down as they come. Entrepreneurs are always taking notes down and referring back to their notes for that brilliant idea. Kate Spade Notebook $18.00
- Sync your calendar with your smartphone - Get technical and start using your electronic calendar. It will save you time and space when you are on the go
- Keep fresh flowers on your desk - Flowers always brighten the day, increase productivity, create creativity and best of all help keep you stress fr…
Girls Night...on a budget
We have all been there and I am sure we all find ourselves there from time to time. It is when we look at our checking account and see that our paycheck is being whisked away faster than we can earn it. We are independent women who have rent, a car payment, utilities, cell phone, health insurance, a 401K and we need a Girls Night. Here are some great ideas for you and your girl friends to try this weekend. I promise it will be fun and it will keep you on track financially.
- Host a wine part…
How to accomplish your New Year's Resolution
This time of year everyone begins talking about what changes will happen in the next year, how great the coming year will be and what their New Year's resolution will be. To be honest most people fail when it comes to a New Year's goal or resolution. Let’s set goals that we can accomplish! Something to look at in the first place is why do we set a resolution? Is it just tradition? Is it for self improvement? Is it a time frame to clear the slate and start fresh? This concept of New Year's Reso…
Mom’s Cranberry Applesauce
Just found out that you need to bring a dish to Christmas Eve dinner...eek! Don't panic we have got you covered with an easy, delicious and festive dish. This is a Harbushka Family favorite and we have never had a Holiday without my mom’s Cranberry Applesauce. I promise it is easy and people will ask for seconds. It is best to make a day in advance. Cranberry Sauce
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups of cranberries (one 12oz. bag)
Boil the water and sugar together for about 5 mi…
Make a Christmas budget, stay within your budget and feel jolly
It is so easy to get caught up feeling like you have to spend spend spend because it is the Holidays. Let me back up and say, never feel like you have to spend money you don't have or can not afford. That is another blog post but todays is about setting a budget and keeping inline with your Holiday spending. Never ever feel like you have to spend all of your cash or dip into your savings to keep up with what you assume is expected of you. It is easy to get in over your head with charging what …
Are you keeping your mind, body and soul fit this winter?
When the thermometer starts to drop and the windchill is below chilly it becomes extremely tempting to put our health, nutrition and wellbeing on the back burner. The short days and comfort food temptation mixed with the Christmas cookies... is a recipe for disaster. Here are 4 tips to keep your mind body and soul fit this winter
- Start Moving - During the winter there are so many other activities to keep your body moving. We think that it is cold out so jogging or taking that walk is out …
4 Steps to Help the Single Girl Balance her Checkbook
How are we supposed to know how to balance our checkbook if we are never taught how to do this in school? Especially now when all of our expenses are handled online through direct deposit or the ability to deposit checks on our smartphones and we can use our debit card for just about anything and everything. I can remember when I got my first checkbook, I was 16 and the bank teller at Wells Fargo handed me my checkbook. I just looked at it. I thought what is this paper thing I saw my mom use wh…
The best chicken soup…ever
Are you needing an easy, healthy and delicious soup recipe? I just made this yummy soup over the weekend and I can not get enough of it. Here is what you need:
- Large soup pot
- 2 tablespoons of organic Coconut Oil
- 4 32 oz of Turkey broth
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled and pressed
- 4 organic carrots peeled and diced
- 4 celery stalks diced
- 2 parsnips peeled and diced (they can be hard to find from time to time)
- 3 zucchini cut in round slivers
- 1 bunch of parsley choppe…
The Carry on Essentials…
The Carry on Essentials…
Planning your next trip? There are the pros and cons when it comes to checking your luggage or carrying on. For this trip I opted with checking my luggage so I had to come up with some essentials in case it did not make it when I landed in Costa Rica. I can not think of a worst situation…at the beach with no bikini! Yikes!
Here are my essentials for the carry on:
- Passport - Clearly I would not be getting too far!
- Foot Booties - Yes, booties for your feet. Think of…